Articles by Requested Topic
Montenegro opens for Russians
The Prime Minister of Montenegro announced the gradual opening of hotels, other accommodation facilities and services from the second half of May.
Discounts for early booking of tours in Croatia and Montenegro amounted to 35%
Tour operators have opened early sales of tours to Croatia and Montenegro. The early booking action for the destination will last until the end of March 2020.
Tour operators confirm significant growth of flow to Montenegro
For 9 months of this year, the tourist flow from Russia to Montenegro grew by 22,6% and amounted to more than 280 thousand trips. Tour operators confirm the trend. It is clear that the main growth share occurred in the summer season.
Petersburg tour operator Aurora BG abolished charter programs to Bulgaria and Montenegro
“St. Petersburg tour operator Aurora BG has canceled charter programs to Bulgaria and Montenegro since July 2”, - reports the Association of Tour Operators of Russia (ATOR). "Aurora BG tour operator on June 30 said in the official letter to its retail partners about the suspension of summer flight charter programs to Bulgaria and Montenegro starting July 2, 2018.
The tourists flow from Russia to Montenegro has decreased for seven months
“The Russian tourist flow to Montenegro has decreased three time for seven months of 2017”, - according to the data of electronic newspaper of Russian Union of Travel Industry (RST) RATA-news. According to the statistics department of the Republic, for the first seven months of 2017 50.2 thousand Russians visited Montenegro, this is three times less than in the same period of the last year (156.7 thousand).
The tourist flow from Russia to Monaco grew by 19% and returned to the pre-crisis level
“The tourist flow from Russia to Monaco grew by 18.5% in the first half of 2017, in comparison with the same period of the last year”, - according to the Monaco Department of Tourism and Congresses. "The number of nights booked by tourists from Russia in the first half of 2017 was 18.6 thousand, which is 18.5% more than in the same period of 2016.
In June Russians are on the first place by the number of trips to Montenegro
“In June 2017 Russian tourists became the leaders by the number of visits to Montenegro”, - according to the data published by the country's statistics service. In June, 117.4 thousand foreign tourists visited Montenegro. On the first place are Russians - 16.1% (18.8 thousand people). On the second place are the tourists from Serbia - 12% of the tourist flow (15.1 thousand people), on the third - Poland (6.6 thousand people).
The tour operators note a decrease of Russians' interest in Montenegro after statement of the Russian Foreign Ministry
“The interest in travel to Montenegro among tourists declined after the Russian Foreign Ministry's statements about "anti-Russian hysteria" in the country”, - the Kommersant newspaper reports with reference to the participants of the tourist market. The Association of Tour Operators of Russia (ATOR) reported that from the third decade of April the dynamics of booking tours in this direction fell by 25-30% in comparison with the previous weeks.
Demand in early booking for Montenegro rose by 50%
“The tour operators report about increase in early booking demand for tours to Montenegro by 40-50% against the last year's figures”, - said the press secretary of the Russian Union of Travel Industry Irina Tyurina. "The early booking of Montenegro have grown by 40-50%, but the representatives of the tourist business are still cautious about the situation and do not consider such a surge of interest as the trend of the season", - added I.Tyurina.
Montenegro did not loose Russian tourists in 2015
The number of Russian tourists visiting Montenegro from January to July 2015, grew up by 20% compared with the same period of the last year, the press department of the tour operator TUI Russia reported.