Russia has stepped up its measures to slow the coronavirus pandemic's spread within its borders.
There have been 52 763 cases of coronavirus infections reported in Russia so far and 456 deaths.
- Russia confirmed 5 642 new coronavirus infections on Tuesday, bringing the country’s official number of cases to 52 763. Four hundred and fifty-six people have been killed by the virus.
- A new Moscow hospital built in a little over a month to treat coronavirus patients has admitted its first 20 patients, the Moscow mayor’s office said Tuesday as the Russian capital continues to battle an onslaught of new cases.
- A number of unidentified African countries have asked Russia to assist them in the fight against coronavirus, Russia’s Foreign Ministry said.
- Authorities in Moscow will start monitoring the movements of all people showing coronavirus symptoms using their cellphone geolocation data. The city was already tracking the movements of confirmed coronavirus patients who are self-isolating at home.
— Russian tech giant Yandex said that it will offer free coronavirus tests to everyone in Moscow as the city grapples with a rapid rise in infections.
- Around 500 demonstrators gathered in the southern Russian city of Vladikavkaz to protest against job losses and lack of information about the coronavirus outbreak.
- Russians should stop coming to Crimea during the coronavirus pandemic, its leader said Monday after a surge in traffic to the peninsula this weekend.
- Russia has extended visas and other temporary residence permits for foreigners from March 15 to June 15 during the coronavirus pandemic that has shut national borders around the world. Putin’s act bans authorities from canceling visas and work permits, as well as from deporting and denying people refugee and temporary asylum status until June 15.
- Russia says it has so far carried out over 2 million tests nationwide.
Yury Mishchenko, graduated from Moscow Institute of Foreign Languages, has more than 15 years experience in tourism and travel. Working both in tour operator company as destination manager, and in travel agency as sales manager, he is focused on analysis of Russian tour operators’ daily routine. Recently, Yury works in Baginet Marketing and Sales Agency.