Russia confirmed 5 449 new coronavirus infections Sunday, bringing the country’s official number of cases to 1 062 811.
- Nearly half of Russians say they will never vaccinate against the coronavirus regardless of its country of production, according to a survey cited by the RBC news.
- Moscow authorities will no longer require a two-week home quarantine period for people with symptoms of acute respiratory viral infection if the individuals test negative for coronavirus, deputy mayor Anastasia Rakova said.
- Russia's coronavirus cases continue to rise. The number of new daily infections has increased for three consecutive days.
- Russia has launched Phase 3 trials of its coronavirus vaccine to determine the jab’s long-term safety and effectiveness, authorities said as questions surrounded the results of its Phase 1 and 2 trials.
- Health Minister Mikhail Murashko said 31 000 out of the announced 40 000 volunteers have been recruited for the study. Deputy Moscow Mayor Anastasia Rakova said that more than 35 000 Muscovites applied to take part in the trials.