Russia confirmed 4 676 new coronavirus infections Wednesday, bringing the country’s official number of cases to 970 865.
Over the past 24 hours 115 people have died, bringing the total official toll to 16 683.
The highest number of new cases were in Moscow and St. Petersburg.
- The head of a remote Siberian region has contracted the coronavirus a second time in what may be Russia’s first documented case of reinfection.
- President Vladimir Putin has promised Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko the first export batch of Russia’s candidate coronavirus vaccine.
- Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin has received the Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine.
- Mexico will receive at least 2 000 doses of Russia’s candidate coronavirus vaccine as part of the injection's Phase 3 clinical trials, Mexico’s foreign minister said.
- The Russian Defense Ministry has said it developed a "safe" vaccine following clinical trials on a group of volunteers. The trials are ongoing, and the Defense Ministry expects clinical trials to be fully completed in the coming weeks.
Yury Mishchenko, graduated from Moscow Institute of Foreign Languages, has more than 15 years experience in tourism and travel. Working both in tour operator company as destination manager, and in travel agency as sales manager, he is focused on analysis of Russian tour operators’ daily routine. Recently, Yury works in Baginet Marketing and Sales Agency.