The Emirates have become one of the main foreign New Year destinations for Russians
The UAE entered the TOP of the most popular outbound destinations for Russian tourists for the New Year holidays 2022/2023. Most tourists want to go to Dubai, but the geography of travel among Russians in the UAE is gradually expanding. A distinctive feature of this year is the small depth of bookings.
According to tour operators, the New Year holidays accounted for about 30-35% of the total sales of tours in the UAE. The peak of sales of New Year's tours began from mid-November, all tours were sold out two weeks before the New Year.
As per the results of current sales, in many companies the UAE ranks first among foreign resorts for the New Year holidays. The destination overtook Turkey, which in previous years was in the lead as a New Year's destination.
Compared to last year, the demand for the New Year in the UAE has grown by 50%. The presence of a variety of direct flights, including from the regions, short flight duration (5 hours), climate, limited choice of foreign resorts and stability play in favor of the destination.
Dubai remains the most popular emirate among Russian tourists. It accounts for about 40% of sales of tours in the UAE from tour operators.
“The emirate of Ras Al Khaimah accounts for about 20% of total sales, Abu Dhabi for 10% and the rest of the emirates for 30%,” Space Travel says.
Approximately the same rating is from Fun & Sun tour operator: 40% Dubai, 30% Ras Al Khaimah, 10% Abu Dhabi, the rest are Ajman, Fujdeira and Sharjah. Anex Tour has a larger share of Sharjah, but the leader is still Dubai: Dubai - 38%, Sharjah - 30%, Ras al-Khaimah - 17%.
At the same time, the geography of tourist trips across the UAE is expanding. “Tourists more often began to combine several emirates in one tour. For example, 4 nights in Dubai and 7-8 nights in Fujairah, or Ras Al Khaimah,” Russian Express company notes.