There have been 42 853 cases of coronavirus infections reported in Russia so far and 361 deaths.
Russia confirmed 6,060 new coronavirus infections, bringing the country’s official number of cases to 42 853 and marking the latest one-day record in new cases.
-President Vladimir Putin and President Emmanuel Macron have discussed holding a video-summit of key UN Security Council members to discuss the coronavirus pandemic.
- Moscow, the epicenter of Russia’s coronavirus outbreak, will begin treating respiratory infections as Covid-19 as the disease shows no signs of slowing down, a senior city official has said.
- The Russian government has authorized hospitals to treat coronavirus patients with the untested Chinese malaria drug hydroxychloroquine, which studies have linked to deadly side effects.
- About half of Russia's coronavirus cases are asymptomatic, the head of consumer protection watchdog Rospotrebnadzor said.
- St. Petersburg can expect to see anywhere from 40 000 to 120 000 coronavirus cases by June depending on how closely residents follow lockdown orders. The city has 1 507 confirmed cases so far.
- Russia's Emergency Situations Ministry has advised against wearing face masks for regular trips outside, recommending their use only in crowded places, on public transport or when caring for a sick person.