In July-August, Russian tourists started buying air tickets for the New Year holidays after a long break. At the same time, they also show interest for the still closed countries, primarily European. Such data were reported by the analysts of the Tutu.ru service. At the same time, now the situation with booking tickets for the New Year holidays looks like this: 25% of travelers plan to fly abroad, the remaining 75% intend to rest in Russia.
Tourists are actively interested in "closed" destinations abroad: Rome, Athens, Yerevan, Lisbon, Bangkok, Dubai, Innsbruck and Prague. In Russia the top popular destinations are the following: flights from Moscow to Kaliningrad, Mineralnye Vody, Sochi, Simferopol. Also, travelers are interested in Krasnoyarsk and Vladivostok.
At the moment, air communication with Turkey, Great Britain, Switzerland and Tanzania has been restored.
The service also presented the current prices for tickets for opened foreign routes. Tickets to Istanbul at the end of December (after the 25th) can be purchased starting from 104 Euros. If you take an additional vacation and fly a little earlier, you can save a lot: for December 21-23 there are tickets from 61 Euros. For January 1-3, the minimum prices are the same - from 104 Euros, as for the peak dates of December. Tickets from 81 Euros are available with departures on January 4-5, after January 6 you can fly for 74 Euros. All prices are from Moscow.
You can fly to London after December 25 for 95 - 99 Euros (these are the minimum prices for different days, from December 25 to December 31). For the first days of January, the range of minimum prices is approximately the same.
Tickets to Geneva from 25 to 31 December are available for 98 – 127 Euros. For the first days of January (from 1st to 3rd day) tickets are from 147 - 168 Euros. After January 8, the minimum prices are reduced to 116 Euros.
The minimum prices for air tickets to Zanzibar are 370 Euros for December 25-26, on December 27-29 the minimum budget rises to 440 – 452 Euros, and on December 30 - January 1 the prices are again reduced to 370 Euros. Immediately after the New Year, January 2-4, it is more expensive to fly: tickets cost from 486 Euros.
Yury Mishchenko, graduated from Moscow Institute of Foreign Languages, has more than 15 years experience in tourism and travel. Working both in tour operator company as destination manager, and in travel agency as sales manager, he is focused on analysis of Russian tour operators’ daily routine. Recently, Yury works in Baginet Marketing and Sales Agency.