From July 1, Rossia Airlines (a subsidiary of Aeroflot) resumes direct flights from Moscow to Denpasar (Indonesia, Bali). Flights will be operated twice a week. The flights are carried out according to the following schedule: from Moscow to Denpasar by flight SU6295 on Mondays and Thursdays at 01:40 with arrival in Denpasar at 19:00 (local time). From Denpasar to Moscow with flight SU6296 on Mondays and Thursdays at 21:10 with arrival in Moscow at 04:55 (local time). According to Rossia Airlines, the flights are carried out on Boeing 777-300 (21 seats of business class and 436 of economy class).
Rossia has stopped flights to Denpasar from May 23, 2019. The airline did not report the reasons of cancellation of the flight program. The most likely cause was low flight load. Passengers were offered a refund within 30 days.
In connection with the closure of the flight program, tour operators had to look for an alternative transportation for the realization of already sold tours. “There were certain difficulties, but we managed to change air carrier for all the tourists. 80% of tourists agreed to fly by Singapore Airlines. The remaining 20% of the tourists used other regular carriers,” the marketing director of tour operator Paks Lyubov Chuchmaeva said. Coral Travel, as an alternative, offered tourists transportation on Qatar Airlines and Emirates flights. Booking of tour packages that include Rossia flights have resumed, but not as actively as it was before the cancellation of flights. "The cost of tickets for the flights of Rossia in July-August, of course, is higher on average by 20-30% than it was before," Paks noted. This is most likely due to the fact that July-August is a high season in Bali. “During this period, hotels raise prices. For our market, the destination becomes more expensive in the summer months,” says Marina Makarkova, the head of public relations of Coral Travel.
Yury Mishchenko, graduated from Moscow Institute of Foreign Languages, has more than 15 years experience in tourism and travel. Working both in tour operator company as destination manager, and in travel agency as sales manager, he is focused on analysis of Russian tour operators’ daily routine. Recently, Yury works in Baginet Marketing and Sales Agency.