In the past 24 hours, Russia has confirmed 12 828 cases of COVID-19 and 467 deaths due to a disease caused by the novel coronavirus. The total case count going up to 4 112 151 and 81 446 deaths, the anti-coronavirus crisis center informed on Monday.
- Muslim Spiritual Board of Russia's republic of Tatarstan announced Tuesday that Muslims are allowed to get vaccinated against the coronavirus "regardless of components" used in the jab.
- Foreign students in Russia will be allowed to return for the spring semester if they fly from countries that have resumed flights with Russia, Russia’s consumer protection watchdog Rospotrebnadzor said Tuesday. All returning students will be required to show two negative coronavirus tests.
- Russia has extended its suspension of flights with Britain through March 16.
- Head of republic of Udmurtia has reversed an earlier decision to lift the mask-requirement in the region, according to a decree published on a government website Thursday.
- The republic of Chechnya has lifted the requirement to wear face masks in public places, its head Ramzan Kadyrov said Wednesday. All restrictions on inbound travel to the region have been lifted as well.
- Russia recorded a 19,6% year-on-year increase in deaths last year, figures published by the federal statistics service showed Monday. Excess deaths since the start of the pandemic stood at 337 000 by the end of December.
- The European Union has approved Russia’s application to register its Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine in the bloc, the state-run RIA Novosti news agency reported Tuesday.