In the past 24 hours, Russia has confirmed 16 048 cases of COVID-19 and 432 deaths due to a disease caused by the novel coronavirus. The total case count going up to 3 967 281 and 76 661 deaths, the anti-coronavirus crisis center informed on Monday.
- All university students in Moscow will return to in-person classes starting Feb. 8, according to Moscow Mayor's decree.
- Russia will resume flights with Armenia and Azerbaijan starting Feb. 15, according to a government decree issued Wednesday. Train connections to and from Belarussian capital Minsk will resume from Feb. 8.
- Russia's Sputnik V vaccine is 91.6% effective against symptomatic Covid-19, according to final-stage clinical trials results published in the medical journal The Lancet on Tuesday.
- Deputy Chairman of the Security Council Dmitry Medvedev got vaccinated against the coronavirus two months ago, the state-run RIA Novosti news agency quoted Medvedev as saying. Russia's former Prime Minister did not disclose which Russian vaccine he has received "as not to make it seem that one of the vaccines is better than others."
- Russia has extended its suspension of flights with Britain through Feb. 16, the RBC news website reported Monday, citing Russia's coronavirus response center.
- More than half of Moscow’s 12 million residents have been infected with the coronavirus, Mayor Sergei Sobyanin said. The number was based on city hall “analysis and research,” he added. It would be more than six times the 925,000 official cases registered in the capital since the start of the pandemic. He added that less than 1% of recorded cases were reinfections.
- Moscow has lifted work-from-home measures and restaurant curfews as coronavirus cases continued to recede over the past week.
Yury Mishchenko, graduated from Moscow Institute of Foreign Languages, has more than 15 years experience in tourism and travel. Working both in tour operator company as destination manager, and in travel agency as sales manager, he is focused on analysis of Russian tour operators’ daily routine. Recently, Yury works in Baginet Marketing and Sales Agency.