Transaero Airlines summarizes operating results for June and the first six months of 2015
In June 2015:
- Transaero carried 1,511,883 passengers, a 5.5% increase over June 2014.
- Passenger load factor increased by 3% and reached 87.3%.
- Passenger traffic on domestic routes grew by 65.8%.
For the first six months of 2015:
- Transaero carried 5,772,962 passengers, a 0.4% growth in comparison with the first six months of 2014.
- Passenger load factor reached 82.5%, which corresponds to the results of the first six months of 2014.
- Passenger traffic on domestic routes grew by 26.8%.
The highest demand was recorded on flights to the resorts on the South of Russia. Thus, passenger traffic to Sochi increased by 170%.
The percentage of scheduled flights in the airline’s overall flight operations increased to 91%, which is an 8% increase over the same period of 2014.
In January-June 2015 Transaero has seen the steady trend towards growth of air transportation sales, which reached 45.2% over the same period of 2014. In addition to this, the airline’s online sales on the official website increased by 186%.
Olga Pleshakova, CEO Transaero Airlines, said: “We are satisfied with the positive movement of our operating results against quite challenging conditions in the opening months of this year. The sustained implementation of the Business Enhancement Programme allowed us to increase our passenger traffic in May and June as well as the first six months of 2015 overall in comparison with the corresponding periods of the previous year. Transaero will continue to increase its own direct sales online as our own website is further enhanced”.
Yury Mishchenko, graduated from Moscow Institute of Foreign Languages, has more than 15 years experience in tourism and travel. Working both in tour operator company as destination manager, and in travel agency as sales manager, he is focused on analysis of Russian tour operators’ daily routine. Recently, Yury works in Baginet Marketing and Sales Agency.